Wednesday 13 October 2010

It makes me sad..

Firstly, I'm sorry for my lack of updates since my initial post. I've been so busy and have hardly been on my laptop. Sorry :(

Now, onto what makes me sad:

1. The fact the September was PCOS Awareness Month and hardly anyone, even fellow sufferers, didn't know it even exisisted.I'm sorry, but surely the point of an 'awareness month' is to make more people AWARE. I saw nothing in the press about it, at all. So, from now on, it is my mission to shout as loud as I can. For the condition to be understood, more people need to know about it. Right?

2. How many women feel they can't be open about the condition.Ok, I can understand not wanting to tell random strangers that you have to shave every inch of your body. But, honestly, telling your friends makes everything easier. My boyfriend and I make jokes about it too, he knows how far to push it. Come on ladies, you know the saying. If you don't laugh, you'll cry.
I've joined almost every group concerning PCOS on Facebook and even have that I suffer from it in my 'About Me'. Since doing so, I've made some wonderful friends who also have PCOS, thus making it easier for me, as I have people to talk to.

So, come on ladies. Opinions please..


Beardy x

4 comments:

  1. I know I can't be open to some people, because they find it odd and humorous.. I wish there were conventions where we can all meet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a shame :(
    I want to sort something like that out, but it'd probably only be over here. Could you not sort a big meet for the U.S? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are "conventions" where you can meet up with other women... in the UK one is coming up on the 27th of November in London (we're expecting 200 women).... The Australian and US PCOS charities also organise conferences, so it's worth looking into. You can also find small Local Group meet ups dotted around the UK (not sure about the US, but could try meetup.com).

    Rachel
    Verity, Chair
    www.verity-pcos.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you lovely!
    I know about your meet, but I'd love to set-up something super local to me. London is really close, but I'm so poor right now :(

    Beardy x

    ReplyDelete